Path Tracer Running
This is a small 30 seconds clip showing my Path Tracer running. Some of the important
features that i have added are, refractions and Depth of Field.
Also this is fairly interactive at 7-8 iterations per second. The image roughly starts to
converge at 1000+ frames.
Building on the raytracer now i am implementing a PathTracer with global illumination. Some of the features that i plan to incorporate are-:
- Full global illumination (including soft shadows, color bleeding, etc.) by pathtracing rays through the scene.
- Properly accumulating emittance and colors to generate a final image
- Supersampled antialiasing
- Parallelization by ray instead of by pixel via string compaction (see the Physically-based shading and pathtracing lecture slides from 09/24 if you don’t know what this refers to)
- Perfect specular reflection
I also plan to implement few of the following features if time permits.
- Additional BRDF models, such as Cook-Torrance, Ward, etc. Each BRDF model may count as a separate feature.
- Texture mapping
- Bump mapping
- Translational motion blur
- Fresnel-based Refraction, i.e. glass
- OBJ Mesh loading and rendering without KD-Tree
- Interactive camera
- Integrate an existing stackless KD-Tree library, such as CUKD (https://github.com/unvirtual/cukd)
- Depth of field